Welcome to the press area of the Patagonian International Marathon.
1st March 2014
REGISTRATION FOR THE 3RD PATAGONIAN INTERNATIONAL MARATHON
- 3rd Patagonian International Marathon will be held on the 27th of September 2014 in the Torres del Paine National Park featuring race distances from ultramarathon (63 km), marathon (42 km), half marathon (21 km) and 10km.
- The first and second edition attracted 356 and 657 runners from North and South America, Africa, Europe, Australia and Asia.
- Registration for the marathon will include a tree donation to the Corre y Reforesta Campagin that aims to aid in the reforestation of the National Park… READ MORE
6th May 2013
RODRIGO CANUTO ERRAZURIZ JOINS THE PATAGONIAN INTERNATIONAL MARATHON AMBASSADOR PROGRAM
- Chilean ultrarunner Rodrigo Canuto Errazuriz joins the Patagonian International Marathon Ambassador Program.
- Joins group of world-wide ambassadors supporting the race and conservation of Patagonia… READ MORE
10th April 2013
BORN TO RUN STAR BILLY BARNETT TO RACE IN THE PATAGONIAN INTERNATIONAL MARATHON 63K ULTRAMARATHON
- Well known ultra-runner Billy Barnett to race in inaugural Patagonian Ultramarathon in September.
- Joins group of world-wide ambassadors supporting the race and conservation of Patagonia.
- 63k race will run alongside the Patagonian International Marathon in support of the Reforestemos Patagonia Campaign… READ MORE
13th December 2012
PATAGONIAN INTERNATIONAL MARATHON OPENS INSCRIPTIONS FOR THE SECOND EDITION
- Event to be held on September 28th, 2013 in the Torres del Paine National Park will now include a 63k Ultra-Marathon
- 2012 event drew more than 380 runners from 18 countries
- Registration fee will include planting a tree for the Reforest Patagonia campaign, an unprecedented initiative in Chile whose goal is to plant one million native trees in Chilean Patagonia…READ MORE
24th September 2012
AUSTRALIAN WINS INAUGURAL PATAGONIAN INTERNATIONAL MARATHON
- With over 370 athletes from across Chile and 16 other countries, Sunday 23rd September saw the debut of the first ever marathon in the Torres del Paine National Park.
- Mens race won by Australian Luke Myers, while the womens title was taken by the well known regional runner Sylvana Camelio.
- Other notable participants included the world famous ‘Marathon Man’ from Belgium, Stefaan Engels, alongside Chilean outright marathon record holder Omar Aguilar.
- The event was created by NIGSA, who also organise the Patagonian Expedition Race who sought to create a truly inclusive sports experience which would contribute to sustainable development of the Magallanes Region and awareness of the need to protect the fragile Patagonian environment… READ MORE
OVER 350 ATHLETES FROM AROUND THE WORLD TO PARTICIPATE IN THE INAUGURAL PATAGONIAN INTERNATIONAL MARATHON
- The event will be held on September 23rd and will feature representatives from nearly 20 countries, including athletes from all over Chile, and other countries as diverse as Brazil, USA, Germany, UK, Uganda and Kenya.
- Among the confirmed runners are the famous ‘Marathon Man’ Stefaan Engels, as well as the legendary Omar Aguilar, who broke the national record in the marathon in Rotterdam in 1988.
- The event aims to contribute to sustainable development of the Chilean Patagonia and the global positioning of the Magallanes Region, and allows athletes to enjoy nature and be made aware of the need to protect it… READ MORE
14th August 2012
ATHLETES FROM CHILE AND AROUND THE WORLD RACE TO REFOREST PATAGONIA
- Runners from Chile and countries including the United States, Great Britain, France, Mexico and Brasil will join together on the 23rd September at the Patagonian International Marathon, the first marathon ever to take place in the Torres del Paine National Park (10k, 21k and 42k)
- Registration for the event will remain open until the 7th September, which will also support the planting and care of native trees for the Reforestamos Patagonia campaign, an unprecedented initiative in Chile whose goal is to plant one million native trees in Chilean Patagonia… READ MORE
23rd July 2012
BELGIAN MARATHON RECORD HOLDER TO RACE IN SUPPORT OF PATAGONIAN CONSERVATION INITIATIVE
Punta Arenas, Chile. July23rd, 2012. - Stefaan Engels, dubbed ‘Marathon Man’ will join other running celebrities at the Patagonian International Marathon in the Torres del Paine National Park in support of a major regional reforestation project in September.
51 year old Stefaan Engels, from Ghent in Belgium, who was dubbed ‘Marathon Man’ after becoming the first person to complete 365 marathons in 365 days, will be joining an international field of runners at the inaugural Patagonian International Marathon, which will take place in the Torres del Paine National Park on September 23rd, 2012… READ MORE