Do you want to know the latest news on the Patagonian International Marathon®? Here you can browse through our press releases!
Press release Patagonian International Marathon 13 – 3rd of October 2014
Matthew Flaherty breaks 63 km record at the 3RD PATAGONIAN INTERNATIONAL MARATHON
- 3rdThe third edition of the Patagonian International Marathon featured 980 runners from 31 countries around the world running in four race distances: ultramarathon 63km, marathon 42km, half-marathon 21km, and a 10km distance race.
- Matthew Flaherty of the United States broke the 63k distance record with a time of 04:19:17.2, 5 minutes faster than previous record holder South African Ryan Sandes’ time of 4:24:28.
- The 21km race distance finished in superb fashion, as the top three male racers all finished within ten minutes of each other, with Benjamín Maturana Tamargo of Chile claiming first place in a time of 01:18:45.9…READ MORE
Press release Patagonian International Marathon 12 – 25th of September 2014
Lippi Ultra Trail Torres del Paine and 3RD Patagonian International Marathon host press conference
The press conference for both the Lippi Ultra Trail Torres del Paine and the 3rd Patagonian International Marathon took place on the 25th of September 2014 in Hotel Remota in Puerto Natales. Stjepan Pavicic, General Director of NIGSA, addressed journalists representing media from all around the world before the running of the two events in Torres del Paine National Park, located in Chile’s Magellan and Antarctic Region…READ MORE
Press release Patagonian International Marathon 11 – 27th of August 2014
1050 runners from 33 countries have confirmed for the 3RD PATAGONIAN INTERNATIONAL MARATHON
- 3rd The registration for the 3rd Patagonian International Marathon closed last 26th of August 2014 with 1050 confirmed runners coming from 33 countries.
- Among the 1050 confirmed runners, 65% are from Chile followed by Brazil with 15%, USA, Germany, and Argentina with a total of 10%.
- Matthew Flaherty will be participating in this year’s 63 km race distance aiming to beat our current Ultra Marathon record holder, Ryan Sandes (4:24:28.7)…READ MORE
Press release Patagonian International Marathon 10 – 19th of June 2014
THE COUNT DOWN BEGINS: 100 DAYS UNTIL THE 3RD PATAGONIAN INTERNATIONAL MARATHON
- 3rd Patagonian International Marathon will be held on the 27th of September 2014 in the Torres del Paine National Park featuring race distances from ultra marathon (63 km), marathon (42 km), half marathon (21 km) and 10km.
- More than 900 runners coming from more than 30 countries all over the globe have already signed up a hundred days before the marathon.
- Runners Krissy Moehl and Yassine Diboun have confirmed their participation for the event this year…READ MORE
Press release Patagonian International Marathon 9 – 1st of March 2014
REGISTRATION FOR THE 3RD PATAGONIAN INTERNATIONAL MARATHON NOW OPEN
- 3rd Patagonian International Marathon will be held on the 27th of September 2014 in the Torres del Paine National Park featuring race distances from ultramarathon (63 km), marathon (42 km), half marathon (21 km) and 10km.
- The first and second edition attracted 356 and 657 runners from North and South America, Africa, Europe, Australia and Asia.
- Registration for the marathon will include a tree donation to the Corre y Reforesta Campagin that aims to aid in the reforestation of the National Park… READ MORE
Press release Patagonian International Marathon 8 – 6th of May 2013
RODRIGO CANUTO ERRAZURIZ JOINS THE PATAGONIAN INTERNATIONAL MARATHON AMBASSADOR PROGRAM
- Chilean ultrarunner Rodrigo Canuto Errazuriz joins the Patagonian International Marathon Ambassador Program.
- Joins group of world-wide ambassadors supporting the race and conservation of Patagonia… READ MORE
Press release Patagonian International Marathon 7 – 10th of April 2013
BORN TO RUN STAR BILLY BARNETT TO RACE IN THE PATAGONIAN INTERNATIONAL MARATHON 63K ULTRAMARATHON
- Well known ultra-runner Billy Barnett to race in inaugural Patagonian Ultramarathon in September.
- Joins group of world-wide ambassadors supporting the race and conservation of Patagonia.
- 63k race will run alongside the Patagonian International Marathon in support of the Reforestemos Patagonia Campaign… READ MORE
Press release Patagonian International Marathon 6 – 13th of December 2012
PATAGONIAN INTERNATIONAL MARATHON OPENS INSCRIPTIONS FOR THE SECOND EDITION
- Event to be held on September 28th, 2013 in the Torres del Paine National Park will now include a 63k Ultra-Marathon
- 2012 event drew more than 380 runners from 18 countries
- Registration fee will include planting a tree for the Reforest Patagonia campaign, an unprecedented initiative in Chile whose goal is to plant one million native trees in Chilean Patagonia…READ MORE
Press release Patagonian International Marathon 5 – 24th of September 2012
AUSTRALIAN WINS INAUGURAL PATAGONIAN INTERNATIONAL MARATHON
- With over 370 athletes from across Chile and 16 other countries, Sunday 23rd September saw the debut of the first ever marathon in the Torres del Paine National Park.
- Mens race won by Australian Luke Myers, while the womens title was taken by the well known regional runner Sylvana Camelio.
- Other notable participants included the world famous ‘Marathon Man’ from Belgium, Stefaan Engels, alongside Chilean outright marathon record holder Omar Aguilar.
- The event was created by NIGSA, who also organise the Patagonian Expedition Race who sought to create a truly inclusive sports experience which would contribute to sustainable development of the Magallanes Region and awareness of the need to protect the fragile Patagonian environment… READ MORE
OVER 350 ATHLETES FROM AROUND THE WORLD TO PARTICIPATE IN THE INAUGURAL PATAGONIAN INTERNATIONAL MARATHON
- The event will be held on September 23rd and will feature representatives from nearly 20 countries, including athletes from all over Chile, and other countries as diverse as Brazil, USA, Germany, UK, Uganda and Kenya.
- Among the confirmed runners are the famous ‘Marathon Man’ Stefaan Engels, as well as the legendary Omar Aguilar, who broke the national record in the marathon in Rotterdam in 1988.
- The event aims to contribute to sustainable development of the Chilean Patagonia and the global positioning of the Magallanes Region, and allows athletes to enjoy nature and be made aware of the need to protect it… READ MORE
Press release Patagonian International Marathon 2 – 14th of August 2012
ATHLETES FROM CHILE AND AROUND THE WORLD RACE TO REFOREST PATAGONIA
- Runners from Chile and countries including the United States, Great Britain, France, Mexico and Brasil will join together on the 23rd September at the Patagonian International Marathon, the first marathon ever to take place in the Torres del Paine National Park (10k, 21k and 42k)
- Registration for the event will remain open until the 7th September, which will also support the planting and care of native trees for the Reforestamos Patagonia campaign, an unprecedented initiative in Chile whose goal is to plant one million native trees in Chilean Patagonia… READ MORE
Press release Patagonian International Marathon 1 – 23rd of July 2012
BELGIAN MARATHON RECORD HOLDER TO RACE IN SUPPORT OF PATAGONIAN CONSERVATION INITIATIVE
Punta Arenas, Chile. July23rd, 2012. – Stefaan Engels, dubbed ‘Marathon Man’ will join other running celebrities at the Patagonian International Marathon in the Torres del Paine National Park in support of a major regional reforestation project in September.
51 year old Stefaan Engels, from Ghent in Belgium, who was dubbed ‘Marathon Man’ after becoming the first person to complete 365 marathons in 365 days, will be joining an international field of runners at the inaugural Patagonian International Marathon, which will take place in the Torres del Paine National Park on September 23rd, 2012… READ MORE